Below is the detailed sequence of steps you'll use to successfully complete a transaction on our site and download our Soundrangers Brand Sound Effects. Don't let this scare you, it's really quite simple.
Here's how it all works:
1) Enter the Store: Use the search feature or click either the Sound Effects or Music buttons on our home page. These will take you into the master category page listing each individual category, or use the menu on the left to go straight to any subcategory or individual category page.
2) Select a Category: On the main category pages or from the left menu, click on one of the links to open the associated sound effect or production music page. At this point you can begin auditioning the sound files.
3) Audition Sounds: Click the mini sound player next to each sounds to audition that sound. The demo sound player do require the Adobe Flash pluggin, but this is standard equipment in all browsers these days. Please note: the demo files are low resolution versions of the files you will actually download. Because they are low resolution, the sound quality will be degraded from the original. We do this to expedite page loading (lower resolution means smaller file size) and to deter any Dark Agents working against Soundrangers by attempting to steal our sounds.
4) About the Category Pages: On each page you'll see a list of items with a loop flag, length, demo player, price and add to cart button. The royalty free music pages will have two additional items: the 'comp' link which if clicked on will download a low resolution comp file for you to use in your production to test out the music. Remember the downloaded file will sound better and not have any water mark sounds.
Loop Box: If the loop box is checked, it means the sound effect or music file has been pre-rendered to loop saving you the hassle of doing it yourself. If it is not checked, the sound file was built as a 'one-shot' or it simply isn't loopable.
Length Field: The length indicates the length of the original file. Please note: The demo file is exactly the same length as the file you'll download. The only difference between the demo file and original file is the lower sound quality as mentioned above.
5) Select Your Sound Effects: Click the 'add to cart' button to add the sound effect or royalty free music track to your cart. You'll see the button change state and the button text now says 'remove'. You can click the button again and it will remove the item from your cart. You can also view your cart and remove sounds.
6) Select Your Music: On the music pages you'll see a drop down box next to each track of music. This is our license selector. Simply choose the license you need, then click the 'add to cart' button to add the track to your cart. Each license has an associated price. You can read more about the different types of royalty free music licenses by viewing our licensing section [ here ].
7) Checkout: When you've selected your sound effects and music and are ready to check out, click the cart graphic link or 'view cart/checkout' link top of the page to view you cart and/or begin the checkout process. You'll select your file format during the download process, AFTER you complete the checkout process. See below. If you haven't used our site yet, you'll need to register before checking out. This also means that you'll have access to your order history, invoices and be able to re-download your orders at any time. If you have any questions about the security of our online system, you can view our security documentation [ here ].
8) Complete Purchase: Follow the instructions, enter your billing information. Once your card has been approved you'll be taken to a page with your invoice number and a 'Download' link. You can also return to your Account page and click the 'Download Sounds' button to download your order. You'll receive our invoice via email using the email address you used during registration. Also please note: The invoice you receive is your invoice and license. Your license is activated and validated upon purchase.
9) Download Your Order: Click the 'Downloads' button on your Account page or at the very top-right of each page to begin the download sequence. First you will go to a list of your purchases. From there you can click to get a copy of your invoice or download your orders. Click the 'Download Order' button next to the purchase you want to download. The next page will show the list of sound effects and music in that order. You can leave them all selected or choose certain sounds that you want to download (you can always return and re-download orders). Then continue on by clicking 'Download Selected'. The next page will show the sound file format choices. From this page make your selections or just leave the defaults selected and click the 'Download'. Your order is then compiled and you will be able to download it. The next page you see will give you two options for downloading.
Option 1 is FTP with a link to your sounds just below the instructions. FTP lets you to download multiple sounds at once but it is a little tricky if you aren't familiar with it. We recommend you use Option 2 unless you are familiar with using FTP. For Option 1, click the FTP link, it will open an FTP window. Using your browser, or use additional FTP software, select and drag the files to your computer or select all the files at once and save to your computer. There are also additional FTP instructions at the bottom of the page.
Option 2 is downloading the sounds from this page without going to separate FTP page. With this option you must download the files one at a time from the list one the page.
'Right-Click' then select "Save Link As..." or similar "save..." selection to save the files.
Macs without right-click can "Control-Click" then select "Download Linked File" or similar to save the files. Macs can also "Option-Click" down the whole list and the sounds will automatically download to the "Downloads" folder.
With Option 2 DO NOT single click the sounds! Single clicking the links to the sound files will open and play them, but will NOT download them. Also DO NOT drag them to your computer from this list! Dragging them to your computer from this list will only create internet shortcuts to the sounds and NOT actually download them.
And remember where on your computer you are downloading the files to. Some browsers save downloaded files to a default folder somewhere and not your desktop. You can change this is your browser settings.
10) Thanks: That's it! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. There are other options we have available on our site such as Soundboxes, Save Cart, Prepaid Accounts and Custom Sound Design and Music. You can take a look at these once you acquaint yourself with our system. You can also check out our Free Sounds where you can download the free sound effects to test the quality of the sounds and to see how our system works.